At Wonderful Nurseries, people are our most valuable resource. The Team at Wonderful Nurseries is currently seeking an energetic transportation professional who can coordinate our shipping activities and continuously enhance our product delivery and customer satisfaction in our products and services expectations. The ideal candidate can handle day to day inventory and shipping demands with ease as well as focus on driving productivity and product demands while ensuring the ease of flow of day to day operations. Qualified candidates will exhibit proven experience in employee / customer engagement ideally in a logistical environment. The individual will be characterized by his/her strong leadership and communication skills, comfort with a hands-on operation, creative and energetic approach to problem solving, demonstrating a highly organized workflow.
The Dispatcher ensures successful on-time delivery of all customer orders through arranging transportation of both internal fleet and third party deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arranges shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating delivery requirements and expediting orders
- Ships items by examining items, destination, route, rate, delivery time and ordering carriers
- Verifies items shipped my matching bills of lading, reconciling quantities and noting discrepancies
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notice of item availability, shipment date and method, current status and answering their questions
- Communicates with drivers, customers and sales representatives any changes or issues with scheduled deliveries
- Keeps the pricing, promotion, purchase order, and credit-limit information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by Management and the Company
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
At least 2-5 years of progressive responsibility in transportation and logistical Support, ability to coordinate activities with both local and 3rd party transportation vendors. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently are necessary. Creativity, curiosity and drive to exceed customers' expectations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Documentation and data entry skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, proficiency in Excel required
- Effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail
- Must be able to work weekends and available to be on-call early morning and/or evenings depending on shipping schedule
- Class A License a Plus (position is 95% Dispatching and 5% Transportation)
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, Vacation, 401(k).
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life balance.
To learn more about Wonderful Nurseries, its products and core values, visit http://wonderfulnurseries.com.
Wonderful Nurseries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.